Marketing With Pinterest: Flooring Eye Candy!
I really enjoy Pinterest. It's a joyous visual adventure that many flooring companies have embraced as they explore marketing with Pinterest. The visual flooring eye candy these brands have created inspires and delights. It also redefines traditional perceptions associated with flooring.
It's about time, don't you think?
Here are links to the Pinterest Boards of several flooring companies:
Of course, as with all social media, the less time you spend focusing on yourself [i.e., self promoting and doing hard sales], the better off you and your community are. That takes practice as well as a strategy.
What do you think? Could you see doing the same as these flooring companies? Could you be marketing your design ideas and trend concepts via Pinterest?
In case you are, I share with you several resources so you make the most of marketing with Pinterest, and come up with regular and consistent doses of flooring eye candy.
1. The basics still matter
2. Have a [visual] plan
3. Photography can't be an afterthought
4. Teach storytelling
5. Understand the mechanics of 'pinable' images
6. Make your past as visual as your present and future.
- Pin from various sources rather than one specific site.
- Repin from within the site to engage with others – repinning is one of the most social activities on Pinterest and it’s how any user really builds his/her network of followers.
- Create at least a few boards that cover a broad range of interests, rather than maintaining a single board devoted to one topic.
By the way, to set up your account on Pinterest, you will need to use either your Facebook profile or your Twitter account. If you are setting up the account for a brand, you will want to use your Twitter account. Otherwise, your updates will show up on your personal Facebook profile.
Have you created Pinterest boards for your business? If yes, share them in the comments.
What is your Pinterest strategy? What reactions have you had?
I'd love to hear!